Nick Killian lives on the Ballybin, in the Parish of Ratoath, he is a full time Public Representative, Director of “Nick Killian Consulting”, Founder and Director of “Ratoath Independent Living Initiative”.He is currently Chairperson of Ratoath College
Since his reelection in 2004, where he got the highest vote of any councilor in Co. Meath, Nick Killian has worked tirelessly for the Community of Ratoath and surrounding areas, in ensuring that the ever expanding population of Ratoath was and is provided with both a good Social and Local Infrastructure. He has worked with all of the local clubs, sports and residents associations in making sure that there voice was heard on Meath County Coucil. He has endeavoured along with his party colleague and local deputy Mary Wallace to maximize grant funding from both Lotto Sports and Amenity grants for all who have applied over the past 5 years.
Killian is a community based councilor, never losing sight of the educational needs of Ratoath, delivering in particular, firtly the 13 acre site at at Jamestown, working in partmerdship with Fr Gerry and Peter Kierans in ensuring the delivery and complrtion of this 14 million euro College Campus at Jamestown. When a site was needed urgently for St. Pauls, Killian Delivered again.
In 2009 he was re-elected for a third term to Meath County Council, gaining the highest number of 1st preference vote as a Fianna Fail councillor. Nick Killian is an experienced, reliable and most of all hardworking Councillor who takes his role seriously and enthusiastically for the benefit of the people he serves.
Outgoing Cathaoirleach of Meath County Council Cllr Jimmy Cudden, presenting incoming Cathaoirleach, Cllr Nick Killian from Ratoath, at THE Annual General,of Meath County Council.
Cllr Nick Killian as Cathaoirleach of Meath County Council
- First Elected to Meath County Council in 1999
- Cathaoirleach Meath County Council 2007-2008
- Member of County Meath Vocational Educational Committee since 1991
- Director Meath Tourism
- Chairman Ratoath College Board of Management
- Chair Ashbourne Community School Board of Management
- Vice –chair Governing Body Institute of Technology Blanchardstown
- Board Member St. Paul’s National School
- Founder and a Director Ratoath Independent Living Initiative
- Director Ashbourne Care
- Director Irish Association Footwear and Caliper Co Irish Assoc. Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus
- Director of Ashbourne Recreation Group Ltd
- Secretary Ratoath Boxing Club
- Member Ratoath Youth Forum
- Member Ratoath Chamber of Commerce
Over the next 5 years Killians 5 aims are clear and simple, The completion and construction of St. Pauls N.S., the delivery and completion of the Ratoath Enterprise Business Centre, the full and final construction of a quality footpath and public lighting system for Ratoath Village, Road improvements in Batterstown and Curragha.
At County Level the construction of a housing and temporary accommodation for the Homeless of Co. Meath.
To also continue to serve the community needs of the area. To support those in a life crisis with assistance and advice. To provide a safe environment for the youth of the area through the development of the Ratoath Youth Forum and there aims and aspirations.