Welcome to my website. I am a county councillor with 20 years experience helping and supporting the people of the Ratoath Municipal District. I am dedicated to the provision of public services and facilities for our growing community.
The following are some of the significant initiatives I have been involved with in most recently:
- ADVICE CENTRE – I provide full-time community support and an Advice Centre which is open 5 days a week to the public.
- FUNDING – I have supported many clubs, resident groups, sports organisations and community groups with discretionary funding over the past five years.
- SPORTS FACILITIES – I have supported the provision of sports infrastructure e.g. Ratoath Sports Campus (Ratoath Rugby Club, Ratoath Tennis Club, Ratoath Athletic Club).
- EDUCATION – Founder member of Ratoath College; current Chairman of Dunboyne College of Further Education; secured a 3-acre site for St Paul’s National School.
- COMMUNITY – Initiator of Ratoath Community Centre and oversaw its successful development including the Venue Theatre and Happy Days Childcare. Secured €600,000 Amenity Grant Capital Funding for the Centre. Founding member of Ratoath Men’s Shed.
- DISABILITY – Founder and Director of Ratoath Independent Living Initiative (12 high quality apartments for people with a disability).
- JOBS – Assisted businesses to set up in Ratoath creating opportunities for people in our community to live and work locally.
- TRAFFIC CALMING – I have been involved in the lobbying for Speed Ramps on the regional and country roads and the provision of Pedestrian lights throughout Ratoath village.
My top priorities if elected are:
- Work with Gardaí to ensure a higher Garda visibility is maintained in Ratoath at all times to fight increasing crime and antisocial behaviour and control of traffic speed.
- Continue to lobby for affordable and social housing in Ratoath and throughout the county.
- To ensure the provision of a stable water supply for Ratoath and Kilbride areas through upgrade of water pipe from Staleen to Ratoath.